Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! This is my first one! Paul got me a beautiful card, that made me cry this morning. Other than that, I think it's going to be a pretty normal day...I had 5 contractions this morning, which is high (but, unfortunately normal for me.) I just had to take a demand dose of my meds, drink some water, and retest. I'm waiting on the nurses to call me back. Lots of people keep saying "Wouldn't it be great to have Addison on Mother's day?!?!?" At this point, my answer is YES!! I know she needs to keep growing inside me, but all of the contractions and bedrest are exhausting! I'm so tired of it all!! We really can't wait to meet our little girl!! Last night, (even though I'm not supposed to be up), I walked around in Addie's room and hung up a few more clothes from the shower Paul had at his office. Paul bought the letters that spell her name and painted them pink yesterday. I can't wait for him to put them up on her wall!! It's going to be so cute! Later on today, I'm hoping he can hang the letters, along with her valance for the window. I still want to get some shelves for her wall to put a few pictures and her piggy bank on. I'm hoping that I can get all of this done when I get off bedrest. (If my doctor lets me off of bedrest when I get off the pump in a week and a half!) If not...we'll just have to do it later. I'm thinking of writing Addie a letter today...my first one, since it's Mother's day.
The nurses just called back...4 contractions!! GRRR!! It got some better, with less irritability, but I'm still having them. I totally think she'll come when I get off these meds...There won't be a whole lot of waiting around. (At least, I hope not!)
Well, I'm off to take a shower and try to start my funfilled day of laying around!! Again, Happy Mother's day to all!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first Mother's Day! You got some big plans there sweetie. You know what though? All that stuff will be waiting for you when you get off bed rest, don't push yourself. While you are anxious to get up and move and have her here, the less time she has to spend in NICU the better! I'm sure the fact that her arrival is soooooo close it is driving you up the walls isn't helping at all. But she will be here when she is ready! I wish there where more I could do for you and Michelle King!!!

    ReplyDelete