Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Getting this thing started...





























Well, many people have asked me to start a blog and post pictures on it, concerning the baby. Sooo...here's my first try at it. I am 21 weeks along this week. Ty is due on June 14th. I can't wait! For those of you who don't know, Ty is an invitro baby. We tried for about 4 years, unsuccessfully to have a baby. Luckily, we got the opportunity to try invitro. It worked on the first try, after several complications! The doctor was able to only put one embryo back in, and by the grace of God, it took!! Our little Ty Patrick was a reality!
We surprised my family at my cousin, Travis', football game. I passed out cards saying "Happy Halloween", as it was the 2nd week in October, so they wouldn't get suspicious. Mom's card said "To the Luckiest Grandma", and pretty much everyone else's said "Just letting you know...we're expecting!" Everyone was shocked! Mom bawled, Kristen teared up, Aunt Donna screamed "We're having a baby!" to the entired stadium, and Mimi and Poppy were pretty speechless. The next day, we told Paul's parents and grandma. We went over their house, as they were having a garage sale. When we told them that we were pregnant, Paul's grandma, Nanny, was also speechless. She couldn't figure out how Paul could be pregnant, since he said "we're " pregnant! It was funny!! Dawna and Crissy and Nana were called next. Dawna screamed and cried on the phone, Crissy was thrilled for us, and Nana started to cry. We didn't tell my dad right away, as we were supposed to go to dinner that upcoming weekend and planned to tell him them. BUT...he called and asked when I was going to know if I was pregnant, so we went ahead and told him. He, too, was shocked and thrilled. Needless to say, this baby is going to be loved!
So far, pregnancy has been pretty easy. The first 12 weeks were not fun. I was exhausted the majority of the time and morning sickness hit at all times of the day, not just morning. Luckily, I only got really sick a handful of times. Once I hit that 12 week mark, I started to feel like a real person again!
Then, on December 30th, we found out that he was a boy. Paul grinned from ear to ear!! He was so excited. I was too, but he was just ecstatic! While we were still in the doctor's office, we called and texted as many people as we could! Right away, we knew that his name was going to be Ty, just not sure of a middle name. I was able to throw "Sarah Grace" out the window, as the ultrasound technician was pretty certain that he was a "loud and proud boy". My students were just as thrilled when I told them that it was a boy. Many of them shouted "YESSSSSSSSSSS!!" They ask about him almost every day, and want to see as many pictures as possible. They are truly amazed.
When I went back for my 20 week checkup last week, the doctor said everything looked pretty good. Ty is growing at the normal rate. This time though, he was a little more shy, and didn't want to prove to us that he was a boy. He kept turning the other direction or closing his legs!! The technician said she was about 85% sure he was a boy....Now we'll have to wait another 3 weeks until my 24 week appointment. The doctor said my placenta is a little low right now, but there's nothing to worry about. Hopefully, it will move back up soon.
This past weekend, we purchased his bedroom furniture at Babies 'R' Us. It should all be in by March. Some of it was on backorder, so that's what is going to take so long. We've decided to go with the "My Little MVP" sports theme. I'm really excited to start registering. It just seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get all of this done!
I'll try to keep this thing as updated as I can. Hope you enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. YAY! I love blogs! Ty is a great name. We got the MVP bedding for Kyle's room (after Ike). It's really cute. You'll love it! Can't wait to see more pics!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I forgot to log Greg out and log me in. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Hun!!! I'm so happy the two of you are going to be blessed with a strong, healthy baby boy! Being a parent is truly the best. And I know you both will be great parents!!! If you are this excited now, just wait until you get to hold him for the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete