Friday, September 23, 2011

No Such Luck!

Paul took off of work on Friday to take me back to Dr. Baker's office. I couldn't get to sleep the night before, at the thought of possibly being taken in to have a C-section the next day. Guess I was a little anxious. Well, I was put on the monitors and not much action was happening. We went back to see Dr. Baker who said that there were basically no changes. I was a little bummed...I'm so ready to meet this little girl. I tried to make the best of it though, and realized now I have more time on my hands to get this house in the order that I want it in. After our appointment, Paul and I ate at PF Changs, then went to Babies R Us, Lowe's and Sam's. I was pooped afterwards! I had done a lot of walking. (I was pooped, though I thought it might help in my progression!)
That weekend, Dad came over and we made some really yummy fried shrimp!
This past weekend and week, I've felt REALLY good! I got TONS of cleaning done and am now officially ready to have this baby!
Several of my girlfriends came by to have our Girls' Dinner...they brought gifts! Aubrey now has her own clothes---not hand-me-downs from Addison. Teresa also supplied us with diapers, wipes, and detergent. Laurie got us some really cute outfits! I was pumped!
The next morning was my doctor's appointment. Again, no changes. Aubrey weighs about 6 lbs, 10 oz, so I think she's going to be smaller than Addison! I'm sure it helps that I'm diabetic this time and have to watch what I eat! I'm dying for a piece of chocolate cake right now, by the way!!
Well, Thursday and Friday haven't gone as well as the rest of the week. I'm not feeling so hot. Not really sure how to pinpoint what exactly is wrong, just feeling yucky. Plus, I'm super emotional lately, so that isn't helping! I'm hoping to be in better spirits for the weekend! My mom and sister are going to Ft. Worth for a wedding and are sure I'm going to go into labor. I doubt it, but told them to go, with the hopes that maybe something will happen!! (Remember, my mom was in New Braunfels when my water broke with Addison!) I'm finishing out 37 weeks this week. Still hoping to have a September baby!!! I've got a week left to meet this goal. Otherwise, we'll be meeting the Little Miss on October 4th! 10-4, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment