Monday, September 26, 2011

Is this it???

I thought Saturday was the day that Aubrey was coming!! That morning, Paul got up and went to his mom's house to help with some things around the house, so I was in charge of Addison for the morning. She was really good--we played a lot and then I started to really feel bad. My stomach was kinda crampy and I was having more pain and pressure. I tried to take a bath to relax, but that didn't help. I couldn't wait for Paul to get home, as I was worried I wasn't going to be able to take care of Addison by myself. He brought home lunch, which is when my pain got HORRIBLE!

My lower left back was on fire and Aubrey seemed to be fighting her way out. I had MAJOR pain and pressure. So bad, that I started to cry. Addison was worried about me, as well as Paul. I kept having to use the restroom every 10 minutes or so. When I was on my way back to the couch, the pain of walking was just too much. I knelt down next to the couch, where Paul rubbed my back, while I cried. Addison kept giving me hugs and even told me "No more crying today Mommy. Okay?" I told her okay, as I think it might have scared her. Luckily, she went into the front room and fell asleep while watching a movie. The pain got even worse!! I was sobbing! Paul had me call the doctor that was on call. Of course, I had to leave a message and wait at least an hour for them to call me back. Paul was ready to watch the A&M-OSU game on tv, so he jokingly (but halfway serious) kept saying "You can't go into labor until after the game." At this point, I was NOT in the mood for his humor or sarcasm. I think this made me cry more!
Finally, the pain started to cease.
My mom and sister were in Ft. Worth at a wedding. During this all, I texted them, just giving them the heads up that I may be headed to the hospital. They kept calling or texting to check on me.
After an hour and a half, the doctor on call, Dr. Norton, called back. She asked if I was bleeding. I told her no and that the pain had subsided some. She told me that if it came back, I needed to go to L&D, otherwise, I was okay. I told Paul that I was glad that she wasn't my doctor, as she seemed very rushed and not too concerned about me.
Luckily, within the next hour, the pain had stopped and all of a sudden I felt great! I felt really good for the rest of the evening. Paul and I took Addison for a nice walk in the wagon. I was hoping the walking would help in some progression, too! No such luck! Yesterday, I felt good too. I even went to the grocery story by myself to try to get moving. (Paul has been going since I was on bedrest.) In the evening, my mom came by to play with Addison. We went on another walk. I guess the walking isn't helping much.
My back is slightly bruised and very sore where I had the pain the other day. I wondered if Aubrey was turning over, or doing something crazy in there! I guess we'll see at my next appointment (on Wednesday), as to whether or not I have progressed more!
I can't believe we're finally here, at the end of my pregnancy! I have one week and a day until I get to meet Ms. Aubrey, if she doesn't come sooner! This Wednesday is my last doctor's appointment, ultrasound, and non-stress test, as next week I'll be in the hospital having her!! This pregnancy has truly flown by, even though I know I have been counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment