Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break!!








Well, it's my third day into Spring Break, so I decided to update on what's been going on....On Monday, we went back to the rodeo to see Darius Rucker. He put on a great show! Yesterday, I had lunch with Paul and his mom, then ran some errands--Target, Ross, Marshalls, and Ulta. I ended up registering for a few things at Target while I was there. Today, I had lunch with a teacher-friend, and then went to buy Addison's baby book. It's so cute!! Man, I didn't realize how expensive they were!! I better keep this thing updated!!
Many people have asked me to post pictures of the nursery and of me. Well, I'm only able to post some of me because the nursery is no where close to being ready. Paul painted Addie's room, along with her "big girl room", so those two rooms are wrecks right now! The walls look great, but I need to get to cleaning them. I'm having the carpets cleaned tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get into a serious cleaning mood when I finish this blog. Also, you can see that I tried to put the camera down a little bit when taking these pictures. Hope you people that complained that they couldn't see my face can see it now!
From what I understand, the invitations to my showers should be coming out shortly. Man, I can't believe that all of this is right around the corner!!
Speaking of right around the corner, Addie's due date is coming closer and closer!! A funny thing happened last night. I was going through all of my goodies I got from Target because I registered. I opened up a Newborn Pampers diaper in front of Paul. He couldn't get over how small it was!! He couldn't believe that someone's butt actually could fit into that diaper!! Now he's worried that he's going to break her when she gets here!! My friend, Allison, told me to have him watch the nurses at the hospital with her. They aren't too gentle with the babies. This way, Paul can see that he doesn't have to be TOO gentle! Good advice, I think!
I am also reading a book called "On Becoming Babywise". My friend said that her kids starting sleeping through the night at 5 and 6 weeks old, thanks to this book!! I'm definitely trying it! She has said that it is hard to get used to, but it is way worth it! Sometimes, we'll just have to listen to her cry, rather than run to her every need, especially if we know that she is full. Gosh, we have so much to learn!!
I've signed us up for the birthing, breastfeeding, and infant care classes at the hospital. Hopefully this will help us in our preparations for Addison to get here!
Well, I need to close up this blog so that I can get to cleaning...I keep getting distracted!! Hope everyone is having a great week! Hope you like the pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Cute photos! Who is your OB? Where are you taking the classes at? I used to teach them at work. Sounds like all is going great with your pregnancy. No more feeling crumy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My OB is Dr. Dudley Baker. We're taking classes at Willowbrook Methodist. They're coming up soon! I'm finally feeling some better...they decided I was anemic, so I'm on iron pills every evening. I hate taking the pills, but they're working, I guess!! Being on Spring Break has helped some too, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me when I say that I completely understand you wanting little Addie to sleep through the night. Joshua is still perfecting this skill, and the longer the stretch of sleep, the better! But "Babywise" ... may I suggest something else that doesn't require you to ignore your baby's cries? (Anything that is so hard and heart-breaking can't be right, in our opinion, so we couldn't do Babywise.) Try reading "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" or "The Baby Whisperer." Both have great tactics to getting your baby to sleep without all the heartache associated with letting your poor infant cry and cry until she gives up and thinks you don't want to help her.

    We also know how frustrating it is to have so much advice thrown at you as new parents. Dude, if you think people tell you what to do when you're pregnant, just wait until Addie is here! But having had a colicky baby, we tried just about every sleep tactic imaginable, so I speak from a little experience. :-) For what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete