Sunday, February 6, 2011

December Drama!!

Okay, for those of you who didn't read my previous post, I'm explaining that in November, I found out that I was pregnant, but it was just a sac, with no baby, called a blighted ovum....
Anyways, we did another ultrasound and saw the same thing, nothing had changed. I had made friends with the ultrasound tech, Carla, when I was pregnant with Addison. She was there for me the previous week. As I cried, she cried too. She still said that there was nothing, even though she wasn't supposed to. I had trusted in her enough that I was able to take the news from her. The problem was that my hormone levels were skyrocketing. My doctor explained to me that he did not want to take the chance of aborting something that was actually there. He wanted to continue to test and wait until my hormone levels dropped.

Well, this was a very LONG 3 weeks of waiting, continuously going back to the doctors' office. I did tons of reading, and had several friends telling me to keep the faith. That this had happened to some of their friends, and everything ended up fine. I tried to be positive, but was really ready to just get out this nightmare.

Finally, the Friday before Christmas, my levels did drop. FINALLY. Paul and I were ready to get the D&C done and over with, so that I could MAYBE look forward to Christmas. Don't get me wrong, there were lots of tears and emotion. Towards the end though, that's what we wanted--an end. So, a D&C was schedule for the Wednesday before Christmas. (Christmas was on Saturday.)

My mom took me to the hospital, as I told Paul not to miss work because of this. So, she took me. When we got there, my dad was there too! What a surprise! Anyway, I got through the D&C just fine. I was just worn out afterwards. I finally got the closure that I needed though. I was ready to move on.

We had Christmas eve at my sister's house that morning, then Christmas eve night, we went to church and had Paul's family over to our house. I didn't realize how exhausted I was, so this really took a lot out of me. We had my big family over our house for Christmas day, too!!! Talk about exhausting!! It was great, as I was able to feel comfortable in my own home, but also, I have learned that I won't do much after any kind of surgery again!

All of our Christmases were great though. Addison really enjoyed opening presents this year, so it was really fun. I was able to enjoy Christmas. And, was thankful that all of the drama was behind us!!!
We spent New Years Eve at Gary and Melissa Majewski's, as we always do. Addison was a trooper and stayed up to watch the fireworks. She was Aunt Kristen's date that night, as she really didn't want much to do with me!!
Here's hoping for a brand new start to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment