Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011--A New Start!


So, this year, my New Year's Resolution is to try not to stress so much about everything. I think I'm trying to just "Roll With It", as the song says....I'm doing pretty well, with the exception of a few instances.

Here are my updates on Addison.


She weighs 24 lbs, as of last weekend.


We haven't checked her height in awhile, so I'm not sure of that. I think she is just growing taller and skinnier though, as she's still in 18 month clothes, and most of those are still baggy.


She is eating so many new things. On Friday, she loved pork ribs and saurkraut that my dad brought over! I was sure she wasn't going to eat it, so we had the chicken nuggets ready. She ate it though, and really liked it!! What a little Pollock I have on my hands!


Addison loves books!!


Addison LOVES Elmo, who she affectionately calls Memo. We are going to see Elmo and his Healthy Heroes next weekend. Hopefully, she'll have a great time.


She's definitely starting to get a little attitude, as she has recently started to shake her finger at us and say "No, no, no." Of course, I don't let her get away with it though. She has gotten more spankings this month, too!! :) Along with the attitude, this weekend, she has really started "Mine!", which again, is not allowed in our household! Some days, I call her "Addie-tude".


Unfortunately, she started out the year with Bronchitis. Luckily, we're over that, two antibiotics later! She's such a trooper though, she seldom complains, and keeps on playing!


She's saying sooooo many words now, and definitely has a language of her own now. I'll try to list some of the words that she says, though I know I'll miss lots---Night-night, uh-oh, please, thank you, mom, momma, daddy, dad, dadda, book, bubbles, play, elmo (memo), bird, grandma (which is kinda says Ama), Pops, Mimi, Gramps (but she says Amps), PawPaw, baby....oh gosh, there are lots more. I just can't think of them. She also does tons of babbling that I have no clue what she's saying! She is really repeating lots that you say too. so, that has been really fun.


Addison has always tried to jump, but recently, she has actually gotten her feet off the ground. She runs everywhere now, so I'm not sure when her feet are on the ground!


She's still loving Barney, too.


We're going to try to think about potty training a little closer to the summer.


Her hair is getting much longer, but she doesn't want to wear any bows or anything in it.


She is most definitely our pride and joy. I really don't know what we did without her!



No comments:

Post a Comment