Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Update on the Salsgivers

What's been going on with the Salsgivers??? I haven't blogged in a while, so I figured I'd fill you guys in!
Let's see..July 23rd was my birthday. We didn't do much. We just went to PF Chang's for dinner to celebrate. It was ooo good! I'd been craving it for awhile! Lettuce Wraps and Mongolian Beef...yummy!
The following week, on Friday the 31st, was our 5th wedding anniversary. Addie had her first sleepover at Aunt Kristen and Uncle Sean's on Friday night. Paul and I went to the Movie Tavern and saw "The Ugly Truth". It was a very funny,but vulgar, movie. We really enjoyed our evening. The next day, we drove to Galveston. We drove around for awhile, viewing some of the damage from Hurricane Ike. We even stopped at Paul's grandparents' old bay house...it looked pretty bad. Then, we parked by the toll bridge at San Luis Pass and spent about an hour at the beach. It was really nice to be in the sun and relax with my hubby! Afterwards, we ate at Fisherman's Wharf. Paul didn't want to sit outside, but we sat upstairs and had a great view! We really enjoyed our time alone! Afterwards, we picked up Addie and visited with Aunt Kristen and Uncle Sean for awhile.
The next day, I wasn't feeling very good, but couldn't pinpoint what the problem was. I was sleeping alot and just felt yucky. My back started to really hurt too. Paul had me take a muscle relaxer and take a bath. Welll, after falling asleep in the bathtub a couple of times, I got out and crawled in bed. After about an hour of sleeping, I told Paul to take me to the ER. For those of you who know me, I try to have a pretty high pain tolerance. So, I was in serious pain, in order for me to tell him to take me.
Mom picked up Addie from the waiting room of the ER...I wanted to get her away from all of the germs and nastiness as soon as possible. Paul and I were called back and my pain got really intense. I even threw up from the pain! After a pelvic exam, a vaginal and pelvic ultrasound, and a CT scan, they determined I had a kidney stone! I couldn't believe it!! WHAT ELSE?!?!?! Luckily, they were able to give me some drugs through an IV that helped to ease my pain. They sent me home with Flomax, which is a drug for old men who have trouble going to the restroom!! I've been taking that, along with some pain meds. I thought I passed it, but I've been still having some pains in my back. I go to the urologist tomorrow to see what's going on.
Other than that, things have been pretty calm around here. I start school on Friday, so I'm trying to enjoy my last few days of my summer. Where has my summer gone?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment