Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Been Awhile!

I haven't blogged in such a while! Guess I'll try to catch you up on what's going on with the Salsgivers!

Let's know I've started back to work and really am having a hard time with one of my classes. The students are pretty low this year, along with some behavior problems that really ruin the class. Many people say its because I'm missing Addison and would rather be home with her. While I would rather be at home, this really has nothing to do with my misery!! The class really is just taking a toll on me this year! I'm hoping things will turn around soon as we are starting behavior charts on three of them, and one should be getting back on his meds this week!
Labor Day weekend, Mom rented a beach house in Galveston. We really had a great time. This was Addison's first beach trip. I'll attach pictures to another blog, since there are so many! The top picture on this blog was taken on the day we were leaving. We don't have any family pictures, so this was out first one! It was a nice relaxing weekend. We noticed there, though, that Addison was getting a cough.
By the next weekend, Paul took off work to take her to the doctor, as it was getting worse. Looks like she has a cold---upper respiratory problems. So, she's been on meds that seem to have helped some. She's not completely out of the woods yet, but we're weaning her off of it, due to doctor recommendations.
That weekend, Addison and I went to Mr. Dutka's 80th birthday party in Plantersville. She was passed around by so many people! Addie really enjoyed being held by so many people, especially since she wasn't feeling good. We were able to take the "Four Generations" picture above. I have a frame I need to put this one in! We'll cherish it always!
This past weekend, we're trying to take it easy. I had to do the Lithotripsy (or whatever it's called) to break up my kidney stone this past Friday. It wasn't too painful, though I am constantly having a dull pain now in my back and in my kidneys. Hopefully this will be the end of all of this, though the doctor said I am now going to be a "stoner"...meaning, I'll continue to have kidney stones. YUCK! Addison and I did go with my mom to a birthday party at a Mexican restaurant last night. Addie did great, again, enjoying people passing her around!
Hopefully today will be a relaxing day. I think we're watching football and having nachos and sloppy joes later on. Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment