Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I was able to celebrate Mother's Day for three days straight! On Friday night, Paul surprised me with a two hour massage! Mom picked up Addison from the babysitter's, so I had a nice evening to myself. While at the massage, I was given some wine...then, she sent me home some in a styrofoam cup! So, I was feeling pretty good when I got home!! Paul turned on the hot tub and we tried to enjoy our evening, child-free. Unfortunately, the hot tub made me feel the wine even more than I wanted. When I got out, my head and stomach were hurting!! I hit the hay after that! (I really enjoyed my massage, but the lady really rubbed me---I have bruises all over my butt! I must have really needed that massage!)
The next day, I went to get my hair done. It's so nice having time to yourself! When I got home, we tried to pick up a little, as Paul's family was coming over to celebrate Mother's Day. We had brisket, potato salad, beans, and dessert. It was such nice weather, I really enjoyed sitting outside!
On Sunday, we went to church. On the way there, Paul pulled out a James Avery bag. He said "because Addison is the only one who knows what your heart sounds like from the inside." (This is my favorite quote about being a mommy.) He gave me a charm that was a heart that said "Mommy" on the inside. How cute! The only problem was that he had just given me the exact same charm at Christmas!! Oh well, it was the thought that counts. I'll go back and get another one. Truly, the fact that he remembered my quote and did something about it meant more than anything!
At church, they had all of the mommies stand up. I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed. It's still hard to believe that I am a mommy. I finally have that beautiful child that we had been waiting so long for! Addison is the light of my life. I don't know what we did without her!
After church, we headed to Waller to spend the afternoon with my side of the family. The day was another overcast day, so it wasn't too hot. We sat around a visited, picked dewberries and peaches, and just enjoyed each other's company. We had lots to eat--ham, green beans, salad, pasta salad, potatoes, and lots more that I can't think of right now!! Overall, it was a great Mother's day.
I wanted to record my memories from my FIRST Mother's day, as I won't ever have another FIRST. I am truly a blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment